Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Master electrician designation

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bigrockk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just curious if anyone knows how many provinces have a provision for a "Master Electrician" designation.

    I know Alberta does and I'm pretty sure Ontario does,but I have not heard of any other provinces or Territory's that do.

    I have also heard some "talk" of a Interprovincial Master's license,and was wondering if anyone else has heard talk of this.

    look forward to your replys

  2. #2
    Inactive Member watts45's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here in Saskatchewan we had tried to get a master electrician designation but to no avail as of yet.
    I wish we could and it should be done. Need a way to weed some of the so call journeyman out there.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Gerry B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have heard rumors in the industry here in Alberta that changes are being considered to the masters certification. One change I heard is that a journeyman may be able to pull permits for residential construction. However I have not seen anything official in regards to any changes yet.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bigrockk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the replies ,hope there is more to come.

    Gerry...I hope the "rumors" are not passed into law...I believe anyone who is able to pull permits should be required to pass the Master's.
    This opinion is based on knowledge equals safety!!....

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 15, 2003 09:40 PM: Message edited by: bigrockk ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gerry B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes I agree, if the rules regarding permit pulling are lessened then it indeed can lead to safety concerns as well as quality of workmanship.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •